Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"It's just another day of practice..."


My boy Ant said this yesterday as we were 'philosophizin' on the phone, and it's true.  Crossfit is a place to just get better. I say it a lot, but that's really why we are all here. It may be to regain functional competence or it may be to achieve athletic dominance, but really, CFDC is a place to train...to get better. I'm learning for myself that my goal is to achieve an increase in my work capacity over a long period of training.  If I try to 'game' the workout just to put up a faster time, am I really increasing it over a broad time frame? On game day, maybe, but not on a daily basis.  I love the sport aspect of crossfit. I love to compete, but there will always be somebody better and somebody worse out there.  I've found that training is a chance for me to be really selfish, because it truly is about what I can do. Take that and make it better.  Guess what, if I can crush the standard time of a certain workout, but it's with something I'm naturally inclined to..I'm awarded zero points.  I try to glory in the WOD's that I struggle with. My crappy sessions are what its all about...because it's just practice

No comments: